About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Southfork - the Ewing Mansion

The view from JR’s balcony.



The infamous swimming pool.



JR’s bathroom, complete with fainting couch in case your bath is just too exhausting. And way too many mirrors for this middle-aged body!



You should have seen the bedroom: a huge four-poster bed up on a platform, smack-dab in the middle of the room. The room was too dark, and too blue, and too full of co-workers, so no pictures.

Southfork is no longer a working ranch, but they do still have American Paint horses and miniature horses.



[This shows a miniature horse, not an oversize fence.] And what is a self-respecting mansion without a formal dining room?



Noro Silk Garden for a stealth project.



Yeah. A serious falling-down in a couple of yarn shops on the way home from Southfork. We will blame it on yarn fumes.

The Fixit Dude was supposed to come yesterday to paint the front doors and put up the fancy molding doodahs above them. [He did things on the other side of the duplex and on the porch; my door is still albino and undoodah’ed. On a related topic, Eloy the painter has done a bunk on us; I will not be giving his number to Trainman.] So I made a quick run to the store for milk, eggs, and probably a year’s supply of cleaning supplies. Also an 18-pack of cheapie washcloths for scrubbing my tootsies. Then I stocked the cupboard in the bathroom and whipped up a batch of pigs in blankets for breakfast. Yum!

I also bought birthday cards for my two oldest granddaughters, my sister, and Fourthborn. I remember when October was only about my sister; this is a nice “problem” to have!



I also ran to the LYS, because after reading the instructions for the stealth project, I realized that I only had half the yarn it required. And I needed another project to work on during church today. Why so? Anastasia is done!



The yarn put-up was very generous; I still have 34.4g left, which will probably go to Middlest to make doll sweaters.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I enjoyed hanging out with you at the RS broadcast last night.

Anonymous said...

I'm suddenly picturing that pony delicately fitting his front hoofs into those socks.

Jenni said...

I will post a picture of a pony for you.

nekokoi said...

can i call dibs on a single doll sweater? that stuff looks gorgeous! xD

Rory said...

Those socks look GREAT! Also, I'm on Ravelry now, as Rorek. What's your screen name on there?