About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Alert the Media!

I asked for help at work yesterday. My scanning inbox, like my bucket of blessings, was runnething-over, all over my desk. It was not pretty.

What is pretty? Adamas, four rows into the 12th repeat of chart 2. Which leaves 2.6 repeats before chart 3, a/k/a the grand finale.

Had a good first working visit with my new Relief Society president last night. I have lots of stuff to read [tonight; I am moving it from the pile where I put it, onto my bed so I will pay attention to it] and much pondering to do. I told her about the suit and other business/professional clothing I have in my closet, and that I would rather it go to a sister in our ward who might need it for interviewing, than to some anonymous sister at the thrift store.

And on the way home, had another good visit with Trainman, catching up on each other’s weekends and respective home improvement progress.

I was so excited to see the review of Sunday Knits yarns in my weekly Knitters Review newsletter this morning. That tweed yarn made me go all pitty-pat. One of the sweaters in my queue is a tweed cardi with an intarsia border. A Sasha Kagan design.

I sat with one of my train buddies yesterday morning, a knitter. She told me she had signed up on Ravelry but hadn’t had time to do anything with it yet. I know that I am not utilizing it to the max, but I am so thankful for the functions that I do use.

Well, I have about [this] long to get ready if I want to catch my train, and I do. Have a great Thursday, everybody, and happy knitting!

No comments: