About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Cleanliness Is Next to the Funnybone

Clean comedy. Oh, how I’ve missed it. It is a lie that a joke or story has to be a twist on something holy, in order to be funny. [And we know who the father of all lies is.]

I think my secretarial training is going well. Some of it is beginning to make sense to me. I am still very slow at the tasks I am learning, and I have to talk myself through them, aloud, which I’m sure makes my friends in neighboring cubicles want to tear their hair out [or mine]. My friend who is training with another legal secretary says that she still feels as if she is riding on the short bus, but every day or so she moves a seat closer to the front of the bus. Me too. [Meaning no disrespect to anyone who has ever ridden on the short bus, for whatever reason.] But one of these days, she and I will both be *driving* the bus. And that gives us hope.

No training today, however, as it is Monday and therefore our day to deal with buckets of incoming mail. And maybe catch up our respective in-baskets.

Behold: heels!



I all but finished one during Relief Society yesterday, and I turned the other heel after dinner. Then I celebrated by slicing a small, crisp Fuji apple and dredging the slices through my jar of Nutella.

I have parked one of the socks on my 000 needle while I finish the other sock using Magic Loop. A 32” needle is just that much too short for me to comfortably work two socks on one needle.

No comments: