About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, November 19, 2007

I Hab a Code id By Dose

Or something like unto it. I have managed to pick up a respiratory bug that LittleBit brought home.

We decided it was more important to keep our germs at home than to be at church yesterday. Before that bit of common sense struck me, I hopped in the tub to get ready for church. Put a hot washcloth over my aching face and promptly fell asleep bolt upright.

Woke up who knows how long later, when LittleBit stood outside the bathroom door and said that she thought we should just stay home and sleep. She called one of our friends to pass on the word that sacrament meeting would be without its customary chorister.

An unexpected benefit of that nap in the tub and the longer-than-usual soaking of my tootsies, is that almost the last of the extraneous tissue around the nailbeds is gone. What I see when I look at my big toes is healthy skin, no scarring, and no hint that the nails are thinking of growing back. Woohoos all around! I might be ready for some barefoot boogeying [sp?] come New Years Eve.

I hung a few pictures yesterday afternoon, caught up the knitting I had ripped out before the concert on Saturday night, and listened to [more than watched] Midsummer Night's Dream. LittleBit had borrowed a couple of movies from HerSushi, and we watched The Prestige. I didn’t really get into it. I think it was the cold, but it might have been the knitting. It’s a very visual movie, and my eyes stayed pretty much on Sabbath Scarf II because I didn’t want a repeat of Saturday night’s frogfest.

I might want to watch it again sometime when my brain and body are less stuporous.

Putting on my turn signal for a change of topic. My office manager forwarded this to several of us recently, with the comment, “Lynn – thought of you.”

Never Argue with a Woman

One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book.

Along comes a Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says, “Good morning, “Ma'am What are you doing?”

“Reading a book,” she replies, (thinking, “Isn't that obvious?”)

“You're in a Restricted Fishing Area,” he informs her.

“I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading.”

“Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up.”

“If you do that, I'll have to charge you with sexual assault,” says the woman.

“But I haven't even touched you,” says the game warden.

“That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment.”

“Have a nice day ma'am,” and he left.

MORAL: Never argue with a woman who reads. It's likely she can also think.

I wrote back and asked, “Because I read? Because I think?...Or because I argue?”

She responded: “No silly - because you read. However, I guess the other two would apply as well but I didn't think of those. … I never known you to argue though.”

I do argue. I just pick my battles, and my opponents, very carefully.

Changing lanes again. Here is a bit of not-so-trivial information for you. For 2006, the most stolen vehicles in the nation, as reported to NCIC, were:
1. 1995 Honda Civic
2. 1991 Honda Accord
3. 1989 Toyota Camry
4. 1997 Ford F-150 Series Pickup
5. 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup
6. 1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Pickup
7. 1994 Nissan Sentra
8. 1994 Dodge Caravan
9. 1994 Saturn SL
10. 1990 Acura Integra

Lock your cars.

No comments: