About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Oh *darn*!

Or should I say, Oh *embroidery*? Celtic Icon is finished. I stitched up the second half of the remaining seam on the hood and wove in the ends and used the leftover yarn to chain-stitch embroider the mutilated stitches into place. I think we are good to go.



She’s wearing it to school today. I checked, and it will be 84°F this afternoon. She is *so* my kid. I couldn’t wait for it to be fall so I could start wearing my new woolen skirts.

Of course, that was Idaho, and this is Texas.

What’s next on the needles, besides Sabbath Scarf II? I foresee much swatching today; I think it’s time to go stash-diving for some 20-year-old yarn that I cut into five-yard lengths to warp my loom before we moved to Fredericksburg in 1991. I loved to weave fabrics with five yarns in the warp and three or more yarns in the weft. Like this:



Only this time we’re talking teal. I was going to make one of those cropped jackets that was popular back then. [Proof that nothing changes much in fashion; it all just gets recycled and regurgitated, and our kids say “I would never wear that”, and we say, “I give you six months.” Here’s the raw material:



Much darker in real life. Must go find needles. Another serendipitous find? about two yards of vintage skirt-weight wool in a Glen-ish houndstooth plaid. Dark teal, cream, and some dark neutral that might be charcoal, brown, navy, or black. I think this is fabric that my sister gave me many, many years ago.

Not sure if I want to separate all these warp ends and tackle my first entrelac project, or regroup them and knit something Chanel-inspired.

No comments: