About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Puttering and Blissing Out

Today is Fourthborn’s Fiancé’s birthday. Happy birthday, J! We are so glad that you are part of the family! Pictures of the birthday socks to follow in the next day or so.

In far less eternally significant news, I finally sewed a button on this jacket. [Three buttons, actually; I think there must have been some roughness on the button shafts of the buttons it came with that chewed through thread like The Very Hungry Caterpillar. So I went through my stash and came up with these.] Bad, cannibalistic old buttons.



Good buttons. At least I’m hoping they are; time will tell.



The purists among you will note that the middle button is bit darker than its neighbors; it also has a slightly different pattern. I will be very surprised if anyone else notices. One more item of clothing out of the mending box and back into service!

And in the spirit of out with the old, in with the new, I will be replacing this ...



... with these.



Two of them are slightly smaller in diameter; they will go onto the top two drawers. If this were not a seven-drawer chest, I would have not been able to find enough compatible drawer knobs. I will take more pictures when I’ve repainted the dresser.

I indulged in a red linenesque holder for all my knitting magazines.



And here is where we stand on Adamas on a bright Saturday morning.



I am off to bribe myself with more knitting. One procrastinated task, two rows. All the laundry put away, another two rows. You know the drill.

No comments: