About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Still Swatching, After All These Years

Yesterday I swatched ~ a lot ~ and frogged it all. Ergo, no pictures. Today I am swatching again. Love the WOTA and WOTA Bulky, as yarns. Not necessarily loving them for the proposed project.

Now I’m contemplating pencil rovings, either knitted lopi-style with single or multiple strands, or spun and plied. [I’m wondering if I would like them Navajo plied? I’ve never tried that before.] I still have a few precious skeins spun up from pencil roving which I spun up twenty years ago. I’ll swatch them this weekend.

Posting from work, so nobody calls the paramedics. More at my usual novella length, either tonight or over the weekend. Thinking seriously about painting the other three walls in my bedroom, but I may just curl up with my knitting until the urge passes.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

When I was in high school, I told a friend about those times when I just had a terrific need to clean up around the house--I'd go after it like a maniac for while and get everything done. He said, he sometimes got that feeling too, but then he'd lay down on his bed until it passed. These days, that sounds like the better choice......