About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday with the Tribe

Relief Society went well; this was the week each month when we have opening exercises with the Young Women. They handled that and led us in the Young Women’s theme and went to their classroom. And then one of my counselors conducted the rest of our meeting. I made a brief plug for the dance next Saturday and said that if anybody had an overwhelming urge to go, there would be room in my car. [Hrmm, guess that means I’m going, right?]

In Sunday School, I made some comment, and the teacher grinned and said, “Great answer; they should call you to be Relief Society president, or something.” Much laughter.

To which I replied “Shh! Shh! Shh!”, with my finger to my lips. More laughter.

I came home and ate the chicken Caesar salad I brought home from the store Saturday night and put the chips by the front door. Then I put in “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” and finished the left front of the Sunrise Circle Jacket.

I wasn’t as woozy when I went to bed Saturday night as I’d been the night before. I was a little sleepier than usual during church, in spite of a decent night’s sleep. The wooz-factor last night was incrementally less, as well. Crazy whooshing inside my head for a few seconds, and then the room righted itself. Good thing I was lying down, no? Since it took about a week of using the topical corn remover for these symptoms to manifest, I am hoping that they will be gone by the end of this week. Please, oh please let this not be the new normal...

I knitted the first couple of inches on the right sleeve at Firstborn’s last night but frogged back to the first row again this morning. I just finished the turning row at the cuff, my yarns are properly oriented at the end of the row, and I am ready to gallop up to the underarm. Time to pack my lunch and figure out what I am going to wear today.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

If you are going to title your post "Sunday with the tribe" I am going to need a few more paragraphs about what an awesome experience it was hanging out at my house. You could mention the food, famliy, new friends and of course the delicious cookies that I made. You could even tell everyone about how I kept trying to get you to make a facebook page.

Tan said...

Hope you get over the wooziness. I had vertigo when I went for my MRI, and the machine made it worse. I had it for a couple of days, while I was at dyeing camp. Not fun.

Sherry said...

Yes, you should have a Facebook page. It's amazing how many people I've reconnected with through Facebook. And, it's a great way for me to keep up with my former students.