About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, May 01, 2009

Updates, Knitting and Otherwise

I had completed the ribbing, the heel flap, and the heel turning and on the second baby sock and was picking up stitches to do the gussets, when I noticed that I had dropped a stitch on the instep, four rounds back.

Rip it! Rip it! Rip it! And into timeout it went.

I picked up BittyBit’s sweater and stitched up the shoulder seams and attached one sleeve before leaving for work. On the train this morning, I made a good start on seaming up the sleeve and side. I finished that during my breaks and lunch. While waiting for the train to leave the station on the ride home, I attached the second sleeve. But this evening I did not have a handy-dandy table on which to rest my project, so I folded it up and put it into my bag and pulled out the sock, which seemed properly contrite.

And I finished the ribbing and the first two rows for the heel flap. It’s 8:01pm, and I’ve had a bowl of cereal with a large banana and about half the contents of the strawberry box in the fridge. With 20 carefully counted-out Cheetos for dessert. Not sure at this point if I want to grab my knitting and pop in a DVD, or if I just want to power down the living room and head straight to bed. I thought this morning that I might want to paint the boudoir, but mostly I want to sleep.

I am amazed at how much less tired I am at the end of this week, after having been sustained and set apart for my new calling, than I was last Friday night, when my thoughts were bouncing around like water on a hot griddle. I haven’t moved any mountains this week, but neither do I feel as if one had fallen on me. This is progress.

Last night after work I visited my friend in the hospital. They had already blessed the baby and taken her body away. There will be a memorial service next week, and the managing attorney is shutting down the office so we all may attend. I got to see pictures of the little one. Beautiful. Precious.

No comments: