About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, May 01, 2009

Updates, Knitting and Otherwise

I had completed the ribbing, the heel flap, and the heel turning and on the second baby sock and was picking up stitches to do the gussets, when I noticed that I had dropped a stitch on the instep, four rounds back.

Rip it! Rip it! Rip it! And into timeout it went.

I picked up BittyBit’s sweater and stitched up the shoulder seams and attached one sleeve before leaving for work. On the train this morning, I made a good start on seaming up the sleeve and side. I finished that during my breaks and lunch. While waiting for the train to leave the station on the ride home, I attached the second sleeve. But this evening I did not have a handy-dandy table on which to rest my project, so I folded it up and put it into my bag and pulled out the sock, which seemed properly contrite.

And I finished the ribbing and the first two rows for the heel flap. It’s 8:01pm, and I’ve had a bowl of cereal with a large banana and about half the contents of the strawberry box in the fridge. With 20 carefully counted-out Cheetos for dessert. Not sure at this point if I want to grab my knitting and pop in a DVD, or if I just want to power down the living room and head straight to bed. I thought this morning that I might want to paint the boudoir, but mostly I want to sleep.

I am amazed at how much less tired I am at the end of this week, after having been sustained and set apart for my new calling, than I was last Friday night, when my thoughts were bouncing around like water on a hot griddle. I haven’t moved any mountains this week, but neither do I feel as if one had fallen on me. This is progress.

Last night after work I visited my friend in the hospital. They had already blessed the baby and taken her body away. There will be a memorial service next week, and the managing attorney is shutting down the office so we all may attend. I got to see pictures of the little one. Beautiful. Precious.

No comments: