About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, May 06, 2011

Brilliant and clever post.

Not here, not today, but I have something in mind, riffing off the concept of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles). In the meantime I will just say that Mount Washmore is a small sandpile, and there are things on hangers all over the house. And I have not eaten all the chocolate chip cookies. And my swatch is behaving nicely, after being carefully frogged back to the cast-on and reworked on two needles which are the same size. Only another knitter will get how funny that swatch looked, with one row worked on 5-aughts and the next worked on 4-aughts. When I get to the office, I will switch to the larger needles [preferably two of them, in the spirit of having learned something last night] and start the patterning.

Gotta scoot. I just realized that today is not a sit in the tub with my hair up day. It is a get in that shower and shampoo day, and unlike the old computer, whose clock gained a minute or so every month for a built-in fudge factor, this new one means business when it says that I should be out the door in twelve minutes.

There are cookies in the fridge (soon to be one less of them), and there is dancing tonight, and I have no idea what to throw on in ~ oops ~ ten minutes.

Be good, and remember who you are.

No comments: