About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, May 06, 2011

Brilliant and clever post.

Not here, not today, but I have something in mind, riffing off the concept of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles). In the meantime I will just say that Mount Washmore is a small sandpile, and there are things on hangers all over the house. And I have not eaten all the chocolate chip cookies. And my swatch is behaving nicely, after being carefully frogged back to the cast-on and reworked on two needles which are the same size. Only another knitter will get how funny that swatch looked, with one row worked on 5-aughts and the next worked on 4-aughts. When I get to the office, I will switch to the larger needles [preferably two of them, in the spirit of having learned something last night] and start the patterning.

Gotta scoot. I just realized that today is not a sit in the tub with my hair up day. It is a get in that shower and shampoo day, and unlike the old computer, whose clock gained a minute or so every month for a built-in fudge factor, this new one means business when it says that I should be out the door in twelve minutes.

There are cookies in the fridge (soon to be one less of them), and there is dancing tonight, and I have no idea what to throw on in ~ oops ~ ten minutes.

Be good, and remember who you are.

No comments: