About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Five Skeins of Handspun

During the uploading, I figured out what I’d done with/to my D drive, and fixed it.



The computer keys look like the lower teeth of an ancient herbivore. I suppose that this occurs to me because I watched the second Star Wars movie last night, in which the ship escapes between the teeth of a gigantic underground space worm.

[Hey, you take your comfort where you like, and I’ll do the same.]

Another night of decent sleep, for which I am thankful. Bishop’s wife texted me yesterday afternoon to say that he was having to work late, and I should reschedule. So I got my nails done, this time by NailDude’s sister because he was at a [wait for it] ballroom dance class.

So, my nails look nice, and I’m not entirely happy with them, as she did what *she* wanted to do, and not what *I* wanted her to do. Two alpha females, duking it out over my nails, which resulted in my getting to help pry three or four of them off, and she did a thin layer over my own nails (which I keep covered up for a very good reason). She says they are less likely to crack this way. At least I think that’s what she says. She is his half-sister; one half is Lutheran, and the other half is Vietnamese.

Tonight is likely to be a busy night. I have an appointment with my hair magician right after work, and then my choice of two Knit Nights. I might try to make both of them, on the off-chance that anybody is showing up for the first, and that a fellow knitter has brought the unused Namaste circ organizer she doesn’t want. And then I could scoot on down the road to the other venue. I owe one of those ladies a skein of handspun, and she wants to see a doll. So Chutzpah gets another field trip, because she is the most portable, though I might take Temperance as well. Both of them are dressed for play.

I finished the second row on Willow’s shawlette and am working on row three. I have the needle tips held together with a small rubber band, to prevent disasters en route. My teddy bear point protectors are around here somewhere; I saw them when I was cleaning off the desk so 2BDH could set up the new computer. I suspect that they will surface again within a day or two after I have finished this project.

Time to start gathering things up for the morning exodus. I’m hoping for a more visibly productive day than I had yesterday, which was one of those nibbled to death by ducks days.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Did she give you a manicure with the new UV gel nail polishes that go on like regular and cure under the heat thing like solar nails? I have had two of these and they stay on my nails (not like when I wore acrylics and my nails would come peeling off the acrylic). I can get about three weeks out of a visit and then by painting over top of that with another color two more weeks or so before the $15 manicure is toast.

Bonnie said...

Yes, that's exactly what my life feels like most days...like I'm being nibbled to death by ducks. At least they're cute. :)