About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

In which Ms. Ravelled is ravenous.

My lunch is packed and waiting by the front door. I am eating an omelette with frizzled-up mushrooms (they needed to be used soon, or pitched into the compost) and extra cheese, whole-wheat toast with butter. I fixed breakfast with my black leather jacket on over my pajamas.

The good news is, it’s not so cold that I need to turn on the fireplace, and neither the ceiling fans nor the window units are running. The only thing I hear is the hum of the fridge and the clicking of the keys as I type. Well, that and the intermittent rumbling of a grateful tummy.

So this month’s electric bill ought to be minimal.

I noodled around on Ravelry last night, comparing my needle and crochet hook inventory with what is in the new Namaste circ organizer and what remains to be more centrally organized. For the past several years, I have kept my needles in a half dozen or so of the translucent, white-ish, stackable “Spacemaker” boxes, which have been increasingly harder to find as the needle collection has grown.

I also have a Rubbermaid storage thing, about the size of a loaf of Oroweat bread, which holds all my KnitPicks bits and pieces. In one of the purges last winter, I got rid of all of my Clover circs because the tips are more blunt than I have come to prefer, and the joining of needle to cable is less than elegant. I had neglected to delete them from Ravelry.

I still have my Brittany birch DP’s, which are perfect for slippery yarns, two sets of KnitPicks Harmony DP’s, which I prefer in general because of their pointier tips, and the growing collection of HiyaHiya’s in tee-ninetsy sizes. I am really liking their 4” needles for doll clothing, although I know they were originally intended for the fingers of gloves (or the toes of toe socks; I haven’t gone there).

Hoping for another day of blissfully mindless tasks at work. Maybe this is the day I get my email wrangled into submission?

Knit Night tonight. A few weeks ago I put the reminders onto my cell phone so I wouldn’t have to worry whether we were at the bookstore or the coffeeshop on any given night. And a few days ago I figured out the location of the alternative knitting group, so tonight I may just check in with the regulars, buy the second Namaste circ organizer if she brings it, make my excuses, and visit the other group as well.

That would be fun.

No comments: