About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Surprises, happy and otherwise.

I noticed this the other day on my way into the office. It is so natural to yearn for the light.



I threw lunch into the fridge, got myself a cup of ice water, and started preparing my desk for the day. I was away from my desk when my attorney did this:



He is such a good guy.

I had a really, really productive day at work, one of those where the words flew in my ears and off my fingertips, and when I went to the mail room I had a thick sheaf of envelopes to run through the postage meter.

I also had a fairly major sneezing jag mid-afternoon, not bad enough to require an embarrassed drive home, but enough that I didn’t want to go on to the temple after work. Turns out, Providence was in that sneezing jag, because when I got home my key wouldn’t work.

The neighbors had let the bug man in with the landlady’s key, and they had had difficulty opening the lock. And even greater difficulty locking it again. When I got home, thankfully not in teeth-are-floating mode, that door just laughed at me.

I spent the next hour making phone calls but finally found an honest locksmith, who came out and fixed my lock, which had been improperly installed, and fixed the neighbors’ lock [also improperly installed] while he was at it. Took me a good hour and a half to unwind from all the excitement.

The electrician was here, too, sometime during the day, but he didn’t complete the job. He will be back later today.

So very, very glad that I did not go to the temple last night, because I would have been dealing with everything at midnight. As it was, I was abed at a reasonable hour.

And that’s all the news that’s fit to print.

3 comments:

AlisonH said...

Yikes. Glad you're okay.

Jenni said...

I am always to happy to hear how much you like your job... in addition to being jealous.

Bonnie said...

Wow, lot's of drama, tell it to quit following you.