About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Can I get a do-over on this month?

Notwithstanding all of the coughing and hacking and piddling that came and went (and came and went, and came and went) during the months of March and April, I think that when I look back in a couple of months I will remember them with greater fondness than the current month.

Wonderful landlady left me a voicemail to say that the electrician did not show up, but that the neighbors would turn my window units back on so that I would not come home from the temple to my own personal sauna.

Text message from dear friends in my old stake, with good news (much needed, and greatly appreciated): they are being sealed in the temple this Saturday, and would I like to be there?

Oh yes, ma’am, I would. And I think I will stay and do some temple work while I am at it. The best cure for verklemptitude is doing unto others (if not the do-unto-others-but-don’t-get-caught variety).

And I am seriously, if not crazily, verklempt. The new guy’s lab work came back. Not good, although his attitude about it is excellent. I am cleaving to the promise he got, in his prayers, that he would remarry in this life. Ergo, he will recover. But in the meantime, he needs your prayers, as do the other petri dish and I.

I put him, and his family, on the prayer roll at the temple last night after my shift. I put myself there, too. And if I did not have to finish preparing the paperwork that needs to be answered on Monday, I would stay home and eat chocolate and howl.

But, there is a sealing tomorrow to look forward to, and he will email me when he hears back from the Cancer Center later today, and I will be forgiven for the childbirth words that slip out when I think about this [oh, d@mn, there I go again], and the three cooperative knitting projects are still being wonderfully, woolily cooperative.

And if you will excuse me, I am going to have a little weep in the shower and wash my face and soldier through.

Keep calm, and carry yarn.