About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Love > Fear

Saw that on a bumper sticker on my way to work yesterday. The way he was driving, he definitely believes it!

Dinner last night: mac and cheese with extra cheese stirred in, carrot cake, washed down with orange/peach/mango juice. Orange you glad you didn’t eat at my house?

Another good night’s sleep. This morning I have a date with my dental hygienist, which means I don’t have to be anywhere until 9:00a.m., which means extra knitting time, after I re-soak and block Lark’s shawlette. I didn’t have enough time to pin it out properly yesterday, although I am quite pleased with the foam blocking squares and the wires. So I just let the shawlette air-dry yesterday and will finish the job this morning.

Work went well again. He will be back at the office today with new tapes for me to transcribe, but I was able to get caught up while he worked remotely, which gives me the illusion that something other than my attitude might be under my control.

The temple reopened this week, and I will be back there tonight. Looking forward to that; I have really missed it. And I have new, comfy white clogs to wear while serving there. It will be interesting to see how much happier my feet are at the end of my shift.

I found a home for the Rangers tickets, which means cash in my pocket and the ability to attend BittyBit’s piano recital on Saturday. Her dad will come over that evening and liposuction files out of the old computer and send them through an electronic umbilical cord to this new one, and then I will have all of my happy little spreadsheets back again.

I am going to have to tink Willow’s shawlette back to row one and start over on smaller needles. Lace is supposed to be light and airy, but this just looked wimpy and sloppy (and yes, I do realize that that is the perfect description of unblocked lace in general, but I compared it with the fabric in Lark’s shawlette, and it suffered greatly in comparison).

The new guy is teaching a workshop on dating etiquette at the conference in November. And one of the former petri dishes is teaching a different workshop. I am hoping to hit both. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it now: if more men treated women the way he does, there would be far fewer unhappy single sisters.

Funny thought: I wonder if Brother Abacus will take that class? Because if he is, I will be strongly tempted to stand up and holler, “Are you taking notes?????”

Which reminds me that I visited, while at the memorial service, with another woman who had dated him. I told her of my former fantasy of the bunch of us lining up with cream pies. Her face lit up. She has since remarried, to a wonderful, gentle giant of a guy, and agreed with me that remarrying well was the best revenge.

Yes, I have forgiven him (well, mostly). I am reminded of that fact every time I see him. It’s one of those “God bless and keep the tsar ... far from us!” things.

Still love my new haircut. Still not crazy about my new nails.

Gotta go. The yarn is calling my name.

No comments: