About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Crabby.

I finally did get rehydrated. It pretty much took all day. Picked up Fourthborn after work and dropped some kitchen stuff off at its new home.

Yesterday was mostly great. Fourthborn got the baseboards painted. They are resting gently atop the dining room table. I sewed the March quilt block and boxed up my sewing machine. We took it to the Bernina shop for a cleaning and tuneup.

While we were out, we drove up to a cafe in Wylie for pie, as it was National Pi Day. New family tradition. I'm sure that Beloved would approve. That man made a mean pie!

I got the rest of the wallpaper and paint out of the window in the kitchen. We got my computer set up, only to discover that the tower had perished from loneliness after being ignored for three years. We're hoping that her roommate's dad will be able to resurrect it. There's fourteen years of my life on that computer. Reams and reams of writing. Scanned documents, since shredded.

There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow. There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow, Jim.

So Fourthborn got Beloved's tower from his desk and set things up. She'll take my tower and my new external hard drive (that I should have bought five years ago) home with her. I'm hoping that Wolfie can fix it or at least retrieve my files.

I'd thought that putting the desk by the front window would be a good thing, but that plug is dependent upon a light switch on the opposite wall. Which will drive me nuts. So that is not going to work for the long haul. But it will make taking apart the Big Ugly Desk in my bedroom much easier.

I also bought a very small plane, and between that and the sander we got 99% of the lip in the hall taken care of. And a medium jar of Mod Podge for a future project.

If I look at the things we got done on an intentionally low-key day, I am grateful. But the computer problem leaves a bad taste in my mouth (rather like the water at the restaurant yesterday; Wylie is even closer to the lake than we are). This morning my glass is half full. But it tastes like lake water.

No comments: