About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

The ugly part of furniture Tetris.

I'm there. For about fifteen minutes, there was a semblance of order in my living room. I had done significant decluttering in the morning (as well as ironing the fabric for the March quilt block) and came home from two hours of transcribing names and dates into Ancestry.com ready to clear and move the table so I may set up the computer.

Clear, clear. Shuffle, shuffle. Grunt, grunt. Mumble mumble rassen frassen. I have a short cable coming out from the wall under the front window. It makes sense (to me at least) to set up the computer *there* where there are also two outlets in reasonable proximity. But where to put the two chairs that I've displaced that gives them access to adequate lighting and does not tump any theoretical guests into my lap when I'm sitting in the wing chair?

I was sufficiently tired that I gave up, played on Facebook for a bit, worked a Sudoku, and called it a day.

I moved a few more things this morning, chiefly so I may get out the door and go to the gym. And if I don't scoot, that effort will have been wasted.

I need another 24 hours between now and breakfast.

No comments: