About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Parched.

It's spring. The trees are all yelling, "Hey sailor!" I remembered to take an antihistamine last night and am now in the process of rehydrating my eyeballs. They and my kidneys are not too happy with me right now. I woke up feeling as if I had been wrung dry. Stiff neck. Aching back. I've drunk half a litre of water in the last 15 minutes and am heading out to the living room to grab another bottle.

Solved the mystery of where that partial bottle had disappeared to. I had set it on a table in the living room.

I went back to the library last night and worked on genealogy for my two hours of free Internet time. Did not connect a lot of records. Spent the time entering or correcting data and linking profiles to FamilySearch. Merged a couple of duplicates. When I got home, I spent another half hour or so pursuing hints and linking records from my phone.

When I finally went to bed, I had basically tithed my time for the day. That felt pretty good. I can see myself, after retirement, spending great swathes of my day preparing names and serving those people in the temple.

Right now I just want to drink a vat of water and go back to bed for a couple of hours.

I'm picking up Fourthborn after work. I don't have any major projects in mind for tomorrow, but I'd like to consolidate our gains of last weekend and make the house more habitable for her when she house-sits for me next week.

Note to self: now that we've found the computer peripherals, call the cable company and find out when they can come set up.

No comments: