About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Wow. A week?

I am mostly caught up at work. Still picking up speed. Still loving it.

The real news is what's been happening at the library after work. I now have 737 people in my ancestry.com family tree. I added 77 of them last night. Most if not all of them related to George Foidel, my grandmother's brother. I wondered on FB over the weekend if I would pass 1000 by the end of this week. I think that's very likely.

Lorelai is all patched up. I hope to get another year out of her. She's missing a beat occasionally, the mechanical equivalent of sleep apnea. When I picked her up, I left the Tardis for its safety inspection. It passed, but it's still at the shop, because it was in severe need of new brakes. And new shocks. As in, take it home, Ms. Ravelled, and park it on the street, but please don't drive it because we *like* you. It was just easier to leave it. They'll work on it Friday, and the money that was going to buy new kitchen cabinets is going to fix my truck instead.

The funny thing is that, while I am a little disappointed, I'm basically fine with it. Two working vehicles equals a large degree of security. And no car payments. I am really, truly fine with having no car payments.

I hung a few things on the walls on Sunday evening. When I got home from the library last night, I set several cardboard boxes on the curb next to the trash bin. The chairs are arranged in something like a workable pattern. The computer corner is starting to come together. I've done a little more prep work for the big window in the kitchen.

Family history work is definitely taking over. But I did get a little knitting done at the opera on Friday night and again on Sunday. I'm nearly done with the second doll sleeve.

I'm going to see if I can loosen the screws of the mounting brackets for the blinds. There are still a few fragments of wallpaper that I can't quite get to. And I want them gone. This is a job for my electric drill, because I can't budge them by hand. And raising one eyebrow at them doesn't faze them, either.

No comments: