About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

5-4-3-2-1

I pulled this from Firstborn’s blog.

5 Places you want to visit:
1. France [Paris and Provence; it’s France, ergo it counts as one]
2. Italy
3. New Zealand [some of the best wool in the world!]
4. Tahiti
5. Taos, NM [I want to go back]

4 Things people might not know about you:
1. I want to try the textile program at UNT in Denton, TX.
2. I really want a Harley.
3. My whole family sings well and we love to do it. [Stealing this verbatim from her blog and adding my own “amen”.]
4. I have taken belly dancing lessons. Not so good with the dancing [lack of flexibility]; pretty good with veil work and the zils [finger cymbals].

3 Jobs you have had:
1. Sorting lima beans on a conveyor for BirdsEye.
2. “Concession Mom” at a movie theatre.
3. Office manager for a real estate developer.

2 People that you know will reply:
1. Who?
2. Knows?

1 Your favorite food:
1. Chocolate

In knitting news, I frogged back one of the side panels on the Noro Kimono and re-calibrated the increases to every tenth row. I like it much better, so I frogged back the second side panel before bedtime.

I ended up not going out for the rest of the groceries last night. I have enough milk for today and for tomorrow’s breakfast, and I have my pantry items and the new stuff I bought at Town Talk yesterday. Made up the chicken salad with that last chicken breast and a couple of celery stalks and some golden raisins that had seen better days [they had turned dark like ordinary raisins] and some commercial mayo. A little flat, a little boring; I think I will stir in a smidgen of the wasabi ranch and perk it up a mite.

What? You don’t eat chicken salad sandwiches for breakfast on sunny Sunday mornings?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Wish I'd had some chicken salad this morning. I had a small bowl of shredded wheat but it hardly lasted me through church. I had to ditch the last half of choir practice and hurry home to find some food.