About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Caught up? Really?

No, not with the housework. With reading my Bloglines. I have deleted about a third of the ones I was reading, saving just my favorites. Others may go in the future [I don’t have to decide today]. When I got home from work last night, it was an easy matter to go through the new ones that had popped up during the day.

I think the days of looking at my Bloglines and seeing 322 posts waiting to be read, are past.

I am also caught up on the laundry. When the home teachers came on Sunday night, I asked if either of them knew of a good, clean, safe laundromat nearby. The single one did, and gave me clear directions. And now I don’t have to tilt at that particular windmill for another three weeks or so. Woohoo!

And I’m about 2/3 done with the stealth project for Firstborn’s birthday.

Weird, weird dream night before last. I dreamed I was having a clear-the-air conversation with Brother Abacus, in which he told me that I had broken his heart and that he really, really missed me. [This is how we know it was a dream, because I am probably the last woman on earth he would want to have a heart-to-heart with.]

Now, I had another dream recently where I was talking with my [late] mother about my budget and fiscal responsibility in general, and she offered to help me plan things out. That was only a one-weird dream, not a two-weird one. If she were here, we could conceivably have that conversation. I think the real reason she showed up was to remind me to get back to work on my family history research.

I have no idea why Brother Abacus showed up behind my eyeballs. I haven’t spoken to him in a year and a half. I saw him briefly the last time I visited Secondborn’s ward a few months back, but we studiously ignored one another.

I set my alarm 15 minutes earlier, yesterday and today, to work on family history. I can see that I will also need to set a timer so that I don’t go over. [I should probably find another time to do it.] I was able to create a record for the children’s father. I didn’t find anything for him in the church records online. I wonder if he’s asked to have his name removed from the records of the church? I don’t see how that can be, because he’s still carried on the membership roll in my old ward, and he still has home teachers. His parents are listed; I’ll connect them tomorrow.

I wonder if I can string 54 beads while the bathtub fills? I may have to wait until I get to work, for that, because I need to leave early enough to set out the garbage and the recycling, and to tank the car.

Lots of progress on the Noro Kimono yesterday; I’m almost at a decision point in terms of the length of the sleeves.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I'm pretty sure they hide the records of living individuals for privacy reasons. That is probably why you couldn't find him.