About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Stevie Ray Vaughan at the CVS

I ran in to get some girl stuff on the way to the train station. There was music coming from a boombox that was on display. I asked the clerk if it was a CD, and she told me she was listening to JACK-FM, one of the local stations that plays classic rock with no requests and no repeats. Their motto is “we play what WE like”. Which is usually a little rowdier than I care to listen to, but this morning they were playing the dear, late Mr. Vaughan. To whom I have come a little late in the day.

I remember one Monday night when Family Home Evening was a trip with LittleBit to the local guitar store so she could drool over the bass guitar that she wanted. [And presumably still wants.] I turned her loose in that section of the store and sat, mesmerized, by a TV that was playing an old “Austin City Limits”. And there he was, playing guitar with a passion that I normally associate with flamenco and not the blues.

No pictures today. But I finished BittyBubba’s birthday present on my afternoon break.

I would have posted earlier today, but Yahoo was not cooperating. Since I am officially off the company dollar, as of three minutes ago, I am hitting “publish” now.

No comments: