About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

It’s *Cherubim*, People!



Singular = Cherub. Plural = Cherubim. The people who named these tomatoes have never sung the “Hallelujah, Amen” [here is the YouTube] from Judas Maccabeus, because they clearly do not have a Handel on their Hebrew. . . Close your eyes; the visual will make you dizzy. But if the audio doesn’t raise goosebumps on both arms and up and down your spine, honey, you are dead!

I suspect that I spend altogether too much time in the company of dead prophets.

So, this next is what I see just as we pull out of the Intermodal Transport Center, heading for the T&P Station. Sorry about the glare from the window; I think that’s a reflection of my two arms holding up the camera. I got another picture as we passed around the left side of the building, but that scaffold-thingie on the left of this photo filled most of the close-up. I didn’t figure that you wanted to see how well we build scaffolding in Fort Worth.



I don’t know what the building is, but I drove around a little when I got to my car, and I got as close as those three doorways. The building in shadow to the right is UTA’s satellite campus. I didn't know that UTA had a satellite campus!

I got crazy-hungry and a bit woozy yesterday afternoon. I hadn’t had a Coke in about a week and had been hoping to keep it that way, but at break time I took my 60 cents back to the break room. When suddenly, out of the corner of my eye I spied a bag of mini pretzels. I didn’t know if it could keep me awake for the next hour and a half, but I knew it wouldn’t keep me awake all night. So I bought it, instead, and pocketed the dime.

I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times that I’ve had cream of tomato soup since LittleBit was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. Tonight I wanted tomato soup for dinner, so I stopped at Target and bought a can of the lowest-sodium condensed soup I could find. And I had that chunk of garlic dill cheese that I bought a few weeks ago which was threatening to become Mold Central, so I wiped it down and pared off the bad parts and nuked the remainder as my new invention: Brooklyn Quesadillas.

The icky cheese will make its way out to the compost pile in the morning.

The second Noro front is finished, and I have about 2” done on the back. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I have actually purchased that particular brand of tomatoes before. Leave it to you to notice spelling errors/word misusage.

Jenni said...

Just for that you are going to get salmonella. ha ha

Jenni said...

The more comments I leave on your blog, the more I realize why you always liked that other one more. I really AM obnoxious! But my cuteness totally makes up for it.