About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Authority and Finished Objects

Cecil B. DeMille once said that you can’t break the commandments; you can only break yourself against them.

When I was driving home from dinner with Brother Sushi on Monday night, I heard this song on the radio. Remember, I have a huge gap in my musical education, one that you could drive the 80’s through. I heard the beat, and then the guitar, and then it took me most of the song to figure out what on earth he was singing about. And then I came home and googled.

[Dedicated to my currently-most-rebellious child.] And perhaps not coincidentally, I read this article by my friend Sooz yesterday.

Morningside is finished. I got it three-fourths bound off while riding home on the train last night, then decided I wanted it a little more snug at the top, so carefully picked most of that out once I got home. If you’re on Ravelry, you can see a picture now. If you’re not, you’ll have to wait until I give it to Brother Sushi. I hope he enjoys wearing it as much as I enjoyed knitting it [once I figured out what I was doing].

So now I will get back to work on the January Mystery Socks, the Clapotis en Soie, and BestFriend’s Socks.

Loved this article. Can I get a rousing amen? Feeling those flutters is one thing, and I do not necessarily trust them. If and when I love another man, it will need to make sense to my head as well as to my heart. And rather more of the former than the latter.

I am looking forward to Friday night. I get to give input on a decorating project, there will be food involved, and it will be the first time either of us has been to the other’s home. He is planning to paint his bathroom this weekend. I might want to throw my painting clothes into the trunk, just in case.

Something really neat happened at work on Wednesday. I made a few notes at the time and forgot to send them to myself here at home, so you will just have to wait until tomorrow or Saturday.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Hopefully you have been able to talk to her.

Sherry said...

I really enjoyed the article by Sooz. I have often felt those same kinds of emotions. My VT's hardly ever show up to see me, but I need friends just as much as anyone else...Thank goodness I have you!