About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Faux de Crême

I missed you guys, too! Woke up at 3:00 something this morning, finished tidying the kitchen, looked up recipes for pots de crême and realized that they all required an hour or so in the oven in a bath of steaming water. And the only thing that was going to take an hour long soak in the tub, was me. So I found a recipe at Epicurious.com that I tweaked. Will share it tomorrow; suffice it to say that it was well received.

Trainman and LadyZen gave me these; also a gift card to Central Market. A shopping we will go...



I realized while cutting off the extra leaves and trimming the stems to fit my vase, that I could take the trimmings out to the compost pile in the morning.

Spotted this while we sat at the station this morning. Looks like a Fair Isle design to this knitter...



I also [probably] left my cell phone on my desk today. Either that, or it fell out of my pocket and is in the pool car that I drove to the post office. About which trip, more later, but not tonight. And I may or may not go into BigD tomorrow to fetch it. It’s an oldish phone, so there’s small chance of anybody lifting it from my desk over the weekend. If [I gave birth to you and] you need to get hold of me before Monday, send me an email.

Brother Sushi managed to get my DVD player working. The problem is not with the child who tried to set it up for me [I take back much of my speculation as to how much she has been drinking since she moved out on her own]; the converter box for the VHS is kaput. And since I prefer the movies I have on DVD to the ones I have on VHS, I see no problem here.

Other than the lack of sleep which contributed to my leaving the phone at work. I am heading to bed as soon as I clear a path through the stuff I took off the couch and coffee table in the 15 minutes between getting home from the station tonight, and meeting my friends at the restaurant.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I'm just glad that I could be your Ma Bell.