About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just an entrelac with thee...



Only slightly less sacrilegious than when my roommate brought home a Chinese appliance and I warbled “Just a closer wok with thee,” “You’ll never wok alone,”, “Wok on by,” “Just wok away, Renee,” et al, until she threatened to beat me with it.

But what would you expect from somebody who had green eggs, no ham for breakfast yesterday?



Observation: when trying to pick up tinylittlestitches along the selvage of an entrelac block [say that three times, fast], it is helpful to use a tiny little crochet hook, say about a US 10. Amazing how that helps one resist the urge to haul out one’s childbirth words.

Loving the entrelac. Possibly the only thing in the world more addictive than dark chocolate, or oxygen for us fauna types. Who knew?

Work is wonderfully busy these days. The secretary whom I support with my mad word processing skills, went home sick yesterday. Her regular backup handled most of the gruntwork, but there was one small project that her attorney had me handle [woohoo!]. And our data clerk had to leave early, because her water heater died, and she had to go home and clear off the carpet so the wet-vac folks could come.

Her daughter [our primary scanning operator] said that we shouldn’t expect to see her mom in the office today, either. So the receptionist and I are entering all the suits and minor settlements. I mailed off half of the vacation letters that I created last week, since that attorney electronically signed them. I suspect that I will mail off the rest of them today.

The office manager gave me the names of the other two attorneys for whom I will be doing vacation letters, and one of the secretaries needs me to pay a few invoices for her. When I left the office last night, I had one suit to enter and one minor settlement that was leftover from Monday afternoon.

I love feeling about this busy. Enough different tasks that I don’t get bored, not so much that I feel overwhelmed.

Speaking of different tasks, I want to see how much puttering I can get done before heading out the door this morning. In theory, Middlest and LittleBit will be here tonight for pizza, conversation, and the hooking-up of my DVD and VHS players. And I am almost ready for round 2 of blocks on the entrelac socks.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm glad that you enjoy your job. One of us should!

Tan said...

I love the lavender entrelac. And the wok jokes. When you wok through a storm . . .