About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

What I’m working toward.

The goal is to be debt-free, originally by this time next year, but realistically sometime after that. I keep reminding myself that direction is more important than speed.

In the meantime, I continue to work on other aspects of chaos in my life. Last weekend it was the area just to the left of my desk, here in the living room. This weekend I am puttering around in my boudoir.

You may remember that after I painted the accent wall in there, it looked like this.



And this.



And then I scooted that dresser over against the west wall and moved the chair, preparatory to painting the other walls. Which hasn’t happened yet. Yesterday I moved the new bookcase out of the living room and put it where the dresser originally stood, then moved one of my skinny bookcases against it. And my sheep collection seems happy to be out of the cardboard box where it has been imprisoned stabled for the past year and a half. Even Dolly the Llama seems disinclined to spit.



I moved the knitting books out of the tower bookcase to the left of my desk and onto the bottom shelf of the new bookcase, convenient for the next time I wake up at 2:00am. My newer knitting magazines are contained in the red file box you see on top of the bookcase.



My vintage issues of Knitters are housed in two orange file boxes of their own, and I will eventually pick up others to hold my beading magazines, cross stitch magazines, back issues of Threads, and pattern leaflets. The file boxes wouldn’t fit inside the bottom shelf of the larger bookcase, so they’re resting here for now.



Five more boxes out to the recycling bin. And I moved the bookcase that had been by the front door, into the space along my bedroom wall that was formerly occupied by the tower bookcase and the short one that I shifted to the north wall. Then I spent about an hour shuffling books from one bookcase to another, and a fresh batch out of their box and onto shelves.

I did some knitting, too. Another 24 rows on the Clapotis en Soie yesterday, and more rows during Sunday School and Relief Society today. I frogged the heel flaps on both January Mystery Socks and got distracted while listening to the KnitPicks podcast and redoing the first one. I may have to frog back a few rows and try again. This is where knitting the Eye of the Partridge heel pattern in something other than a heathered yarn would be nice; I could instantly spot any mistakes. Now I can only try to read the reverse side and see if the floats are lining up properly. These socks are going back into timeout while I wind the yarn and cast on for Brother Sushi’s cowl.

Did you know that if you come back to the computer after a bit of puttering and wiggle your cell phone on the mouse pad, your computer will ignore you? Repeatedly!

I am headed to the home teacher’s house for dinner tonight. Made one of my chocolate pecan tarts to take for dinner. Am thinking seriously about a nap, but I think the lure of cashmere tweed is stronger...

4 comments:

Tola said...

my private geek concurs with your observation about cell phone and mouse pad.

nekokoi said...

so i guess when i've ordered and finished customizing your Arie Shepherdess(whatever she ends up being named) she'll live somewhere between your sheep and your knitting magazines?

Tan said...

Very pretty. I like your nun.

Jenni said...

So I liked that article and I can see myself (both good and bad) in it. Keep linking the updates on your blog because you know I barely have time to read while I am in school.