About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Sit Means Sit

Or so said the truck which we saw in the parking lot at the gun show while circling to pick up Best Friend’s husband before going to lunch on Saturday. [I will warn you that when the CEO started talking as the page loaded, I just about jumped out of my skin. Maybe I need some “sit means sit” training myself!

Church was wonderful, as usual. A few quiet insights as to what I could be doing better, and some ideas on how to go about that. I took BestFriend’s sock along and put another couple of inches on it. Remembered to take my tithing and turn in the envelope. Remembered to get the visiting teaching district lists printed for two supervisors who report to me and was able to give the list to one sister while still at church, so I will only have to mail one of them. Went to this neatly organized basket and laid my hands on a happy bright red envelope, which is now addressed and stamped and ready to go.



So, I came home from church and snacked a little, then listened to Sticks & Strings while working more gusset decreases on the January Mystery Socks. Found the pink stitch marker which had swan-dived off the end of my needle on the Clapotis en Soie. Took a nap. A very long nap. One of those naps that approximately equals 80% of a good night’s sleep, at least for me. Thawed some leftovers that I put in the freezer over the past couple of weeks. Tried to listen to a second episode of a new-to-me podcast, but she might be swamped by all the click-overs from Sticks & Strings. Lots of people listen to David. [Postscript: I ended up listening to four of her podcasts; they’re shorter than David’s or KnitPicks’. She’s a psychologist who knits, and each podcast has a coping tool. I’ve linked to her podcast which references building an effective support network. Am looking forward to paging back through her archives, and have subscribed to her through Bloglines.]

Went back to the couch, this time with a pleasantly-full tummy, to knit some more and listen to the first two CD’s on one of the audiobooks. [The problem with audiobooks is that if you flip one page too far, you find yourself on the 4th CD with a body that needs to be explained, instead of on the 2nd CD with everybody planting red herrings.] Finished the infinite and eternal gusset decreases and have updated that project on Ravelry.



Went to bed a little after midnight. I think it’s going to be a Cherry Coke day.

No comments: