About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Sweetly Busy and Productive Day

Any day that includes service in the temple is by definition a good day. After attending my friend’s wedding, I stayed behind while they left to take pictures and finish preparations for the reception [there was a funeral on Friday night in their meetinghouse, and it ran long, so they didn’t get everything set up that night as planned]. I did some ordinance work, stopped at JITB long enough to grab a large mango smoothie and a tall water, then ran my own errands.



A little blurry, but the big red box holds my printer paper. I’m thinking of getting another one to hold manuals, labels, and ink cartridges. The smaller red box holds bills to be paid. If that doesn’t prove to be an effective way to corral all the incoming paper, I’ll use this box for something else. I have printed off pretty labels but have yet to trim and insert them. Both boxes were on sale, another plus. I almost have my desk cleared off. Almost.

And I think that when I take apart that broken cheapie white bookcase, I will ask 1BDH or Brother Sushi to trim the shelves to fit that tower bookcase. [From my field trip to various hardware stores and home centers in search of metal ones, I already know where to get more white plastic shelf brackets.] It would be cool to customize cubby heights to fit the various containers I’ve accumulated.

When I went to the Container Store, I looked for more of the inexpensive leather-covered bookends like I bought last month, but they were out. Still available online, and I am wishing that I had bought some of the green ones for Fourthborn when I had the chance, because the only three remaining options are cranberry, chocolate, and black. Perfect for me, not so much for her. [Green is her red.]

Just to prove that there has been actual knitting progress chez Ravelled, here is a beauty shot of the back of Autumn Asters.



Going back to the topic of my friend’s wedding, it wasn’t as difficult to be there as I had feared. A little tender, a little wistful maybe. Thankfully C., also single, also a Relief Society president, was sitting next to me, and we are both at a peaceful place on the topic of remarriage and on the status of our eternal connection with our respective children. Those promises and blessings which come as part of the covenants we make are sure and powerful. As long as we remain faithful and honor our covenants, the children we have borne are still sealed to us.

The reception was great fun. I sat between C. and another C. [Girls, do you remember Dane’s two best friends in high school? Their moms.] The first C’s three daughters also sat at our table, with the spouses of the two who are married. Much laughter. Uproarious laughter. Eye-wiping laughter.

And great cake. I had a smallish slice of each.

Time for me to figure out how to sluice off, read two lessons, eat breakfast, and get out the door in one hour. First meeting is at 7:00am, and I’m picking up a friend on the way to church. Good times. Truly, truly good times. I am so blessed...

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I can rarely figure out who you are referring to when you speak in such code. You will just have to tell me for real later.

Lynn said...

Check your email!

Bonnie said...

I'm with Jen, half the time I can't decipher who you are talking about. Sometimes it is even my own siblings our our children and I get everyone all mixed up.