About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

In which we have more adventures.

It is getting to be a regular Tuesday night thing. I walk out of Knit Night. My right front tire is low, or in the case of last night, flatter than a flitter. I hie meself to Firstborn’s, and 1BDH fixes my flat.

But in between the oh-dear-ing and the hie-ing, there was a cop.



With permission, Monica got a picture from the rear, as he didn’t want his face on my blog. Pity. It was such a nice face. While he was putting his gloves back in his trunk, I signed to Monica’s daughter, “Cute!!!”

She of course cracked up and turned around to translate for the group. When I looked back seconds later, they were all giving a big thumbs-up.

Random factoid: at 4:56 this morning, the time was 4:56 7/8/09. And will be again at 4:56pm, if you don’t observe military time.

Edifying quotation [sent out by the office manager, who never ceases to amaze me: “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act but a habit.” (Aristotle)

Random factoid the second: I met Lark’s boyfriend last night. Looks you right in the eye, and a good firm handshake.

I got that far in drafting this post before the drowsies overtook me. I am heading out shortly for Firstborn’s surgery. Leslye, I will bring that slipcase that needs to be handed on; not sure if I will get by your place today or tomorrow. First I need to refill Lorelai’s tank, and my own. So glad that Whataburger is right next to the Shell station!

Knit Night sisters, I will try to post results of her surgery on the board when I am at Firstborn’s later this morning; failing that, I will text Monica and see if she can post on my behalf. Prayers and positive thoughts, y’all. I am astounded at what they can do laparoscopically these days: pull your left big toe out through your eyebrow! Or something like that.

Yes, I have my knitting. Three bags full... What I am lacking at the moment is chocolate, but I know how to fix that.

2 comments:

Francis Shivone said...

Your office manager is playing my kind of music (He must be a Catholic).
:)

Let's see the Starbucks on Randall Mill?

Jenni said...

See I am even well enough to be galavanting around online, even if I'm on the couch while doing it!