About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Hatter, but not Mad

Another wee hat completed on the train last night, the skirt well underway, and a fourth hat cast on. A day to make a knitter pleased, indeed.

After dinner I grabbed the shopping list I had printed off from the grocery stores specials and went cherry-picking. I left all those metaphorical “cherries” right in the store. Naturally enough, since it was the day before the special ends, there were only two boxes of strawberries left at buy one, get one free. Neither one of which particularly impressed me. Which disinclined me to take advantage of the specials on bagged salads or my favorite brand of beans. I also priced the Texmati rice, and while not outrageous, it was more than I was in the mood to spend, so I put my cart back and came home.

Oh well, I got some fresh air and a bit of exercise.

I have written up the pattern for the doll beret. The ribbing is nearly done on beret #3. I have fired off a query to the state Comptroller’s office regarding sales tax. If I do end up opening an Etsy shop, I want to make sure that I am compliant with all the laws of the land (Articles of Faith #12).

It’s raining outside, or it was when I woke up about an hour ago. Nice gentle splashy sounds: a really great way to wake up.

Hard to believe that I was so sick, this time last week. It is lovely, just lovely, to be well and to feel well.

OK, I’m officially hungry. I’m going to nuke some pancakes and pack my lunch and get ready to scoot out the door. Y’all be good, and remember who you are...

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I guess I live under a rock (or work full time & school full time) but what is an Etsy shop?