About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gratitude

I don’t know about you, but when I read the March issue of the Ensign, the theme that popped out for me, is gratitude. I certainly needed a reminder. The past month and a half have been challenging. I have felt emotionally vulnerable (which I do not like), and physically frail (which I like even less), and I have wondered if this is what it will feel like to be old. [And here I had actually been looking forward to living to be 100!]

So I was definitely in need of a booster shot to ramp up my gratitude.

The most recent bout of yuck appears to have been the last-hurrah of whatever it was that was bugging me. My head feels clear. My breathing is easy. There is, for the moment at least, no temptation to cough. The rumblies in my tumblies feel like the healthy sort, from a body which has consumed perhaps one-tenth of its normal allotment of calories in the past two days.

I am almost tempted to step on the scale when I get to work today, because I feel about ten pounds lighter, but that is probably just the rumblies talking.

So what did I do while I was home yesterday? Slept. A lot. I also finished a prototype hat which fits Celeste and used up much of the yarn leftover from my latest pair of socks. I think there is enough yarn left that I can make a beret to fit her or Blessing. I am toying with the idea of opening an Etsy shop later this year; whether I will sell doll couture, or patterns for same, or both, remains to be seen. I will have to figure out the legalities (in terms of sales tax, product labeling, etc.) as well as the logistics.

And I would have to improve my picture-taking skills considerably, or ask one of the girls to do the honors.

My census form was waiting when I got home Monday night. I was not inclined to open it yesterday, but I am taking it with me to work and will fill it out there. They have pens at work. My last pen appears to have grown legs and walked off; I hope it is having a lovely time, wherever it is. I have a coupon for $10 off a $20 purchase at an office supply store, and after my church meeting on Saturday morning, which will put me in the general vicinity of said office supply store, I will get new pens, more paper for my printer, etc. Several things to be thankful for in this paragraph.

We are having what I hope will be a quick presidency meeting tonight, to assign the last of the visiting teaching [letter routes] and to hammer out details of our classes for this month and next. And then I will make a mad dash to the Laundromat to do a load of whites.

I pulled this from Barb’s post:



Just what I needed to restore a little humor in my life. I think I’ll watch it again. Love that song. Love to dance to that song, myself.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Funny, I thought the March Ensign was all about handling adversity, which is what has been going on over here. And I think I am a day or two behind you in the congestion stages....
Glad you are feeling better and back to work!

Jenni said...

Glad you are making a return to the land of the living.

Bonnie said...

I'll be happy to take pictures for you while you improve your photography skills. I'm glad you are feeling better.