About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We’re baking, we’re baking...

Support staff meeting this morning, and I volunteered last month. Which means, of course, that I am not in a baking mood, so I cheated. Two boxes of Krusteaz Cranberry Orange Supreme Muffin Mix, a cup of orange marmalade, and a disposable pan. The other volunteer is picking up breakfast tacos from Taco Cabana; nobody is likely to starve.

I drove in yesterday, went to the church bookstore after work and picked up the much-delayed February Ensign, then went to Knit Night for a little while. Got a call during the day from a member of the elders quorum, and another one last night from my secretary (my secretary, tee hee!), informing me that a move within our ward has turned out to be somewhat more complicated than we had anticipated, and we would need more volunteers today.

Back and forth via cell phone with my first counselor, some calls down the ward list once I got home, and more numbers pasted into a Word document to take to work with me today, for yet more calls (because at that point it was too late in the evening). Also a couple of Facebook emails to people whose cell phone numbers may have changed.

Measurable progress on the doll skirt yesterday, and some lovely compliments on it at Knit Night, but it would not make sense to a muggle if I showed you a picture at this point, so you’ll just have to trust me.

I have no idea what I’m wearing for St. Patrick’s Day. All my trusty green stuff is in the wash. No, I did not go do laundry last night. I had a move in the mire, as it were.

Firstborn and Lark are safely home from a whirlwind visit to Alabama to visit Willow.

And I guess that’s all the news that’s fit to print, so I’ll post this and go water my plants in Fairyland. [Stupid bonsai that has me stuck on this level for three weeks. But I’m not bitter.]

We now return you to your regularly scheduled knitting.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

You make me laugh.