About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, April 30, 2010

8/10ths of a Mile of Laceweight

Look what followed me home on Thursday night:



Courtesy of Brother Sushi, for my birthday. This is 1460 yards of Baruffa Cashwool, 100% extra fine merino. Feels like cashmere. What am I going to make from it? Something decadent and spectacular, but first I’m going to keep it right here on the tray for my printer, where I can grab it every so often and squoosh it. It’s blacker than a bill collector’s heart, so cables and nupps will not show up very well. You could wear this right next to your skin, and all you would feel is warm.

I also bought two little paillettes [spellcheck gives alternatives of palettes, Gillette, Willette, and painkillers; droll!] made of mother-of-pearl, which will become a pair of earrings. Or a pair of Round Tuits.

This was my last day to be a word processor. When I wake up in the morning, I will be a legal secretary. If I do not get up from this chair and head on into my boudoir, when I wake up in the morning I will have QWERTYUIOP reverse-embossed into my forehead.

GoodnightLongDayGoingToBed.

No comments: