About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Would you believe...

...that I was out, rolling drunks in the park? I didn’t think so.

Yeah, I missed y’all too. But I had set my alarm for 6:00am, and I was determined to be on the train, in order to maximize my knitting time, which gave me roughly half an hour to shower, foof my hair, find something clean to wear, and head out the door. Ergo, no blogging.

Why did I allow myself to sleep in until the decadent hour of 6:00? Because I didn’t get to bed until midnight [not because I had been smooching in the moonlight, because I hadn’t, drat the luck]. I went to the temple after work, but I noodled around enough between work and there that I missed all the early sessions and had to go on the 8:00pm one. I learned two things last night: (1) that session is way too late for an early riser like me and (2) a Big Mac wrap and fries and a non-caffeinated beverage do not provide enough protein, or enough bug juice, to keep me awake at that hour.

Seriously embarrassing.

I learned something else. I can’t hear the whisperings of the Spirit when others are whispering in the celestial room after a session. No matter how quietly and reverently they might be whispering. I really needed some answers Tuesday night, and the other patrons truly were being considerate of the rest of us, and still it was too much interference for where I was, spiritually and emotionally, that night. I walked out into the hallway afterward, and the sealing room was empty, with the draperies open. I stood in front of a window and looked inside longingly and let the tears run down my cheeks. I cried a little more on the drive home, and then I came home and puttered a bit longer and went to bed.

I would suspect PMS, except the M’s have left the building. It is more likely the fact that we will be having stake conference this weekend. I am looking forward to a spiritual feast, and no doubt the Bad’Un would like to interrupt my rejoicings.

I had another peaceful, productive day at work, and much knitting progress throughout the day. This is where I was when I logged onto my computer at 8:30.

This is where I was when I went to bed last night.

I am driving in again today. I am going to the temple again tonight. And unless I get a better offer, I am coming straight home and hoping for an early bedtime but not crossing my fingers.

And sometime today, I am finishing the knitting portion of the tuffet.

[Still no pictures from my kids from the party on Sunday night, tsk, tsk.]


Jenni said...

Good luck finding a better dinner combo, having no traffic and getting secondborn, the owner of the camera that took said pictures to send them to you.

Rorek said...

You're asking the question too loudly. Ponder it quietly without asking, and the answer will come.