About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, April 01, 2010

April Fools!

[Only, not!] The office manager administered my raise yesterday. I had been told to expect a modest one, and a modest bonus, but once again the world’s idea of modesty and my own are not congruent. I am immensely pleased, and thankful all the way down to my bones.

Had a great day at work yesterday, over and above that happy news. One of my friends told me, quietly, that another secretary had told the office manager how pleased she is with the things I do to back her up. This is not somebody I back up on a regular basis, and really I do very little to help her out; this is a classic case of bread being cast on the waters and coming back an hundredfold.

Truly, I am blessed all out of proportion to my eager and occasionally misfiring efforts.

I was up too late last night. Again. Had a lovely session at the temple, with time and space to pray and ponder over a few things afterward. I may go back tonight for my becoming-a-regular-thing Thursday night service. It is certain that (since I had to reset the alarm for 6:00 this morning) I will not be on the train, and I might as well make a virtue out of necessity.

With the raise, it will be easier to succeed at my goal of being out of debt by the end of next year. I will also have money for the health club membership I have been craving since my free trial in January.

On the way home from the temple last night, I stopped at an all-night restaurant and ate fries while NintendoMan ate dinner. And we talked for almost two hours. When he walked me to my car, he wrapped his arms around me and just held me.

And, as the prophet says in Genesis 1:3-4, it was good.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yea!
Yea for raises and the wisdom to use the gift prudently.
Yea for feeling the spirit in such abundance in the house of the Lord.
Yea for great time spent to fill your emotional cup with a good friend.

Murr Brewster said...

What a stupendous day! May all your dreams come true. In the meantime, run to the health club and run back again. Repeat.