About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, April 09, 2010

Amplexus

[No, not an excessively expensive automobile with an overly loud stereo system.] For those of you who don’t click on the links in my posts, it is the courting embrace of certain amphibians, one in which actual mating does not occur. Their equivalent of holding hands at the movies.

One of the little things I miss about marriage, is curling up at the end of the day, back to back, and drifting off to sleep. Knowing that he quite literally had my back, and I, his. Had a nice brief chat with NintendoMan after I got home from the temple last night. We were both very tired, so it was not our normal typo-studded rambling conversation.

I miss him. Not in the suffocating “poor me, if I don’t see him today I will just curl up and die” way of my youth, but miss him I do. And after my groggy prayer last night, as I drifted off to sleep, I wished that it were he occupying the fallow side of the bed, and not the pile of unfolded laundry that I now need to sort through, to figure out what I am wearing to work today.

Dinner with Brother Sushi tonight, and time with BestFriend at the Main Street Arts Festival tomorrow, and it’s payday. Neither knitting project is bickering with me at the moment. So, the glass is way more than half full, and it doesn’t snore.

No comments: