About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, April 03, 2010

A New Blackberry



[Several, actually; sorry, I just couldn’t resist.] Sometimes a Blackberry is just breakfast. I had these over spoon sized shredded wheat when I got to work yesterday, and they were splendid! This morning I will have raspberries. Life is good.

Had another productive day at work. Finished the rough draft of one of the projects which is on my PRT this year. Good Friday is a slow day for law in Dallas County. Most of the plaintiff attorney firms are closed, either because they are religious or because they are out chasing ambulances. And the courts were closed. So there were virtually no interruptions.

Not feeling the love on this particular doll hat; it's one of those rare Noro color transitions that makes me visually queasy. I fell asleep mid-CD in self defense last night, woke up enough to turn off my boombox and set up my CPAP, and was asleep just before sundown.

Which meant, of course, that this middle-aged body woke me about 1:30. So I went onto Facebook and watered my plants in Fairyland, which I play for a handful of minutes each day (just enough to keep my virtual garden from dying; I refrain from posting my dubious successes as status updates).

Lo! and behold! NintendoMan was also online, and we got to chat for a few minutes before he had to crash for the night. So this day is already starting out well.

Did I mention my wry amusement at some of the topics in the April Ensign? There are several articles on marriage, more particularly on having the courage to marry. When the magazine arrived at work week before last, I savored the personal irony (NintendoMan and I were observing radio silence while he sorted out some family issues), and I read the articles anyway.

When we met at the diner the other night, I had that issue with me, mostly so I could re-read it at lunch that day, and not in the spirit of rolling it up and beating him about the head and shoulders with it. To my amazement, he took the magazine and read one of the articles, and then we discussed it.

The man never ceases to surprise me.

So what’s on my plate for the day? Banana bread, at the moment, but not for much longer. And then I think I will go back to bed and try to finish that CD and knit until the visual queasiness passes. General Conference broadcasts at 11:00 and 3:00, our time. A batch of brownies to take to my friend Saint Amy of the Banana Bread (we won each other's stuff at the service auction last Tuesday). A modicum of grocery shopping.

I would also like some quality time with my Barbara Walker stitch dictionaries, to see if I can come up with a design for a knitted-something to contribute to the door prizes for my high school reunion this fall.

I am not doing very well with following through on my decision to take up the recorder again, possibly because when I decided, it was in the hope that it would speed my recovery from the respiratory issues I was having at the time. Those issues are more or less resolved. When I was rummaging around in storage buckets last weekend, trying to find my SS card, I found the book of sheet music. Lots of relatively simple pieces in there. Maybe I will make time to tootle around a little.

And I am starting to see the foothills of Mount Washmore.

The problem with weekends, is that there is too much end and not enough week. I don’t know about you, but I could use a three-day weekend, every week. Maybe then I would feel as if I were accomplishing more?

I might spend half an hour finding new homes for the few items that are left in the last bucket I searched when I found my SS card. And who knows, I might even tackle another bucket or two, and I am feeling the urge to go through everything in my closet and sort it into various piles, preparatory to the mandatory shopping which will take place three Saturdays from today, because I need a few replacement pieces for some of my classics/basics.

Aughhh.

Time for a change of direction. Three new articles to share with you, and then I need to either go do something, or take a nap. Grab your box of tissues. And please read this one with the spirit of Lent in your heart. It moved me to tears. Next, one from my friend Sooz. I saved the best for last. This is Easter, a time of repentance, renewal, and reconciliation. We all fall short of the glory of Heaven. This one is for all of us.

No comments: