About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, February 04, 2013

On the one hand...

Insomnia is a most annoying visitor, particularly when I did not take a nap after church yesterday. On the other hand, I wrote seven thank you notes while I was up. The one from my sisters in the temple still makes me weep: the love just pours out of that envelope.

I am not quite ready to resume serving in the temple, and I still have another month on my leave of absence. But I miss that weekly booster shot of holy peace, and I miss my friends with whom I serve. I think I will be ready to return when the time comes.

Several rows of happy knitting yesterday. I am farther along in the pattern than I was when I frogged it and started over.

I would really like to stay home and sleep this morning, but I have no idea what is on our calendar today, or for the rest of the week. So I will head in and see how it goes, and if worse comes to worst, I can take off early this afternoon. Thankfully, I am not sick. I am just sleepy. And I have a litre or so of Cherry Coke remaining at work.

I found another gift card while working through the piles of paperwork on Beloved’s desk. And I am nearly ready to turn over receipts, etc., to our CPA for our tax return. I just need to make sure that none of the figures I have are duplicates. I added the numbers from the credit card statements after coming home from church yesterday, but I haven’t yet matched them against the paper receipts, especially for the parking.

I think she will be really pleased to have an envelope or two sorted by type, and in alphabetical, then chronological, order within each type. (I know I would be, had I completed my accounting degree. I do not want to be one of those clients who walks in with a shoebox full of unsorted receipts.) And I have already taken steps to assure that the 2013 return will be a cakewalk.

Time to tuck that gift card into my wallet and start organizing my day.

No comments: