About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, February 22, 2013

That blur you see? C'est moi!

Work has been so crazy-busy that it makes the crazy-busy of yesteryear look like a Sunday School picnic. I am thoroughly enjoying this. I go home six kinds of tired, but with an enormous sense of accomplishment.

Have been puttering a lot at home. While cleaning off the desk (an ongoing project) I discovered a sheaf of unused Pottery Barn gift cards, which I took to the store after work last night. I came home with a dozen green napkins to go with my new salad plates and the rest of the stuff they go with. And I still have enough on the cards to buy two-thirds of a dining room chair, if I chose.

I am blogging after work. I desperately need to go get my nails done, but I will have to go home and let the cat out first.

I found a note that said fax title to [sister], which reinforces her statement that (somewhere) we have possession of the title to the truck. I will keep digging.

I was supposed to bring black bean soup to work today, and I put everything into the crockpot last night. Sometime during the past year, it gave up the ghost. The good news is that those two crockpots that I gave away last month, were working ones, so far as I know. And I think there is a ginormous oval one up on the top shelf in the kitchen. (Note to self: get the step ladder and find out.) The bad news is that half a dozen cans of stuff had been sitting out overnight, and I was not willing to play Russian roulette with the health of my coworkers, so down the disposal it went.

On the other hand, there are now half a dozen fewer cans in my pantry, which is somewhat helpful.

Our stake president has given us the challenge to read the Book of Mormon before the end of the year. Not a challenge for me, as I listen to it on my drive to work every day, and when I am running errands on the weekend. To make it a bit more of a challenge, I have assigned myself the pleasant task of rereading it in French, and as of last night I am through the third chapter of First Nephi.

Zut alors all around!

I may have found a home for the case and a half of Ensure that is taking up space in the kitchen and the fridge. One of our friends is also fighting cancer, and she is a little bitty thang, as we say here in Texas. I think Beloved would be happy to try to fatten her up a skosh.

This morning I found his notes for a week of breakfasts, dating back to the fourth week of our marriage. Light fare for most of the week, and a big country breakfast for Thursdays, because that is (was, and will be again, as of next week) my long day: work, then temple.  My leave of absence will be over next Thursday, and I am looking forward to going back, although I fear that I will have forgotten much of my training.

Lovely message from his best friend, out near the West Coast, thanking me for something small that I did, and expressing the wish to meet me sometime in this life. I replied that later this year, I will be visiting my sister for a few days, and I could easily swing down there and meet the friends who still live in that old ward. I have a number of people I could visit in the Pacific Northwest.

That is all I can come up with for now.

No comments: