About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A good Sabbath.

I bound off the second swatch before church. Unblocked, it hits gauge right on the button for stitches per inch. I have no idea how much it will grow after wet-blocking. I am currently working on swatch number three, using the smallest needles so far. I do not plan to make it as long as the first two; I'll use up what's left of the ball and wet-block all three of them at once.

Sibling did, in fact, speak with his brother on Friday night. Brother says he has a copy at work and will get it notarized and bring it to me after work tomorrow. If he does, it will be a step in the direction of regaining my trust. He will get a handshake and my thanks. If he does not, Ms. Ravelled puts Plan B into action.

Some of you will have seen a movie that I have not. Beloved said it contained perhaps the only legitimate use of the f-bomb in cinematic history. Adventures in Babysitting. With the classic line, "Don't (bleep) with the babysitter."

Sibling will have heard his father make that comment, more than once. I referred to it and added that his brother would do well to cease trifling with my patience.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day. I don't know what the babysitter did to protect her charges. But I have a pretty clear idea of what to do next if the brother fails to keep his word. (Again.)

And if Plan B doesn't work, I just might Firstborn loose on him. But I think Plan B is inspired, and if so then Heaven and I have it covered.

Tune in tomorrow night for more of "As the Estate Turns."

1 comment:

Tola said...

obviously it's best if he acts correctly of his own accord. but i'm kinda wanting him not to, just to see what youre gonna do!