About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, June 24, 2013

M is for massage.

I got one of those on Thursday night and slept like a rock. She said the change from the first massage to this third one is astounding. I woke up with one minuscule bruise on my arm. And I drank buckets of water all day.
Friday night I watched "17 Miracles" and tried to write each one down as it occurred. I came up four short because I was distracted by the plot and my tears.
Saturday was magical, and something of a blur. I am now Beloved's bride forever and ever, amen. I cried quietly all through the ceremony. The officiator had to start over, twice. He is a dear friend, and after the second halt he smiled and asked, "Didn't we have this problem once before?"
"Yes, when we did my mother's work."
"Ah, that's right." He was the officiator then.
We took family pictures afterwards, over by the fountain. And then we ate at Torchy's Tacos. Mine was delicious and way too hot. I couldn't feel my lips afterward.
Then I came home and slept for three and a half hours.
Went to ward council yesterday for my president, who had out of town guests. Then a good visit with my VT companion. She is well aware of last week's drama and not overly impressed with the other party's behavior. She says she's one of the few people able to influence his behavior. And that she calls him on it on a regular basis. So, we're still good.
And my attorney's office called this afternoon. All the paperwork has arrived safely. If it didn't get filed today, it will tomorrow. Once I have the conformed copies I will take them to the bank with copies of both death certificates and start negotiating for a new mortgage.
I am still crazy-tired though significantly less tense and stressed. I have a lot of work to do before the week is out. But I got quite a bit of it handled today, and I am optimistic about tomorrow.
Am up to 30 minutes on the recorder each night. Loving it. And I just finished my first decrease round on Knit Swirl.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

So glad for you, congratulations!