About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, June 28, 2013

The likelihood of one's suitcase tumping over. ..

...is directly proportional to whether one remembered to zip it shut before setting it atop a mostly-empty laundry hamper. And increased if one has placed a superbag containing 20 snack sized bags of chips atop the suitcase. And the fallen suitcase is between one and the loo.

Not that I would know anything about that. Like Big Bird, I have a great imagination.

One of my friends is dealing with an 8mm kidney stone. I grabbed my knitting gauge for reference. That's a size 11 knitting needle or a size L crochet hook. Oye. You should pray for her.

I had good news from my dentist yesterday. The filling appears to be intact. It doesn't hurt to chew, but cold liquids flowing over that spot really get my attention. He said that sometimes the body has a delayed response to dental work. And for some people that response can last for days or weeks or sometimes up to a year. "Sensitive" toothpaste should help. And I'll just continue to drink with a straw until the nerves go off Red Alert.

Much, much happy knitting yesterday. I spent a little time with the Bitties. Bittiest ask if he could "do that." I told him I would be happy to teach him when he's older. He asked, how much older. I told him, eight. That I had learned when I was eight, and that eight was a very good age for learning how to knit.

BittyBit, who is eight, did not remind us of that fact. Which suggests that learning to knit may not be on her bucket list. But I think I saw BittyBubba's ears perk up. He's almost six. And I suspect that he forgets nothing.

This is the part where I eat breakfast and check those hypothetical chips for breakage.

No comments: