About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Loving the current project.

Am very close to adding on the third ball of yarn. Her way of adding yarn (two stitches knitted with both strands) and weaving in the ends (duplicate stitch embroidery) is pure genius when one is working with Noro Silk Garden.

Had a good presidency meeting last night. This might have been the first time that I felt as if I had something to contribute. Opinions, even. Possibly a smidgen of inspiration. That can happen when one's attention is not consumed with temporal frustrations and drama.

Woke up to a Haydn symphony on the radio. Apparently there was once some question as to whether it really was one of his, but they (the ubiquitous and intermittently helpful "they") found his signature on it the year before I was born. Now the station is playing the second movement of Beethoven's Ninth. The part that Huntley/Brinkley used to have for its theme song. Looks as if this is going to be my lucky day!

Speaking of which, today is my Friday. But don't be envious. I am going back to the dentist tomorrow. I'm reasonably sure that I have cracked that new filling. Something is amiss, at any rate.

I was so sleepy last night that I skipped my (extra, French BOM) scripture study and recorder practice. Will attempt to pace myself better today. I really miss both of those when they don't happen.

Now I am hearing a tango, piano rendition  of "My Funny Valentine". One regret is that Beloved did not live long enough for us to learn the tango. That item is on my eternal bucket list. He was not mad for dance, in this life, which is how it usually happens. And there won't be a lot of time for personal interests on the other side, at least while we are all helping with preparations for the Second Coming. But surely sometime in the eternities there will be time and space for dance.

I am pleased to report that the eating-of-feelings is being taken over by small, snackly celebrations. Which reminds me that it's time for breakfast.

No comments: