About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Theoretically, it's bedtime.

My sister, my brother in law, and the dog have all gone to bed. The dog, after taking a Xanax. Fireworks make her very anxious. I never knew that there was doggy-Xanax. She's a great dog. I'm glad that she doesn't have to be miserable.

We drove into Seattle and visited with the kids before they left on their cruise for Alaska. Then we went to lunch at a place called Endolyne Joe's. Excellent brunch. I had an omelette with chicken sausage, sun dried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. Also some perfectly seasoned hash browns. And toasted Italian country style bread with freezer jam. After which I slept for three and a half hours.

Got my recorder practice and scripture study in while my family watched the last of the baseball game. Knitted a lot today. I am almost ready for the next decrease round.

Brother in law is dropping me off at church tomorrow. I get to sit through all three hours of grownup meetings. No Sharing Time. Just three hours of singing and listening and learning.

Bliss.

Having a wonderful visit. The bed is comfortable. The company is excellent. I sat on the deck just before dusk and savored the view, the smells, and the planes flying way overhead. So glad I came.

No comments: