About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Change worn socks at 50,000 miles?

That's what I thought the sign said. The game is on. It's an advertising banner. For shock absorbers. Because, we all agreed, socks that hadn't been changed in 50,000 miles probably wouldn't be worth the trouble of washing.

I love my family.

The knitting is trotting along. I think I brought enough yarn to get me home to Texas. I am nearly done with the sixth decrease round, which means that I have methodically jettisoned almost 100 of the nearly 600 I started with. I was a smart cookie and photographed several chunks of the instructions so I wouldn't have to pack the book.

If you're looking for profundity, you might want to check out MMM's blog. I'm fresh out. But I'm happy to report that the emotional eating has come to a screeching halt. Nor am I falling asleep in mid sentence from sheer exhaustion.

If you will kindly excuse me, I think I hear my pillow calling my name.

No comments: