About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

And the next little step.

The management office in our building was repainted a couple of months ago. Their accent wall is a gorgeous chocolate brown. I stopped in after work and got the information, then picked up a paint chip on my way to Knit Night. When I got home, I compared it with the chips I brought home a day or so after I got the darker yellow paint. Not even close. Those all skewed red. (You are not surprised.) This is a somewhat greener brown, and it tones beautifully with what I've done so far. Next step is to take the Sherwin Williams chip to Home Depot and see how close I can get in the Behr colorways.

In knitting news, I am making steady progress on the first sleeve of the doll sweater. I'm nearly to the armscye, where I will bind off everything but a narrow strip for the saddle shoulder. This will not be my usual, preferred raglan shoulder. I am following the Starmore shaping.

No comments: