About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Doorway is 99% done.

I need to touch up a couple of spots. I've begun to remove things from the closet so I may finish painting the trim and then repaint the inside.

I have the first bundle of baseboards. Went with the 3.5 inch ones instead of the 5.25 inch ones, because they were 12 feet long instead of 16. They fit easily into the back of the Tardis and are still a significant upgrade from what the builder used. (And they were far less expensive.  I got 120 feet for a little more than 32 feet would have cost me.) I've stacked them in the hallway, sticking out into the living room, and placed the rocking chair over that end so I won't trip over them and break either them, or me.

The black cashmere blend scarf is now grafted into an infinity cowl. I did that during one of the breakout sessions at the family history presentation at the stake center yesterday. I have the schematics drawn for the doll sweater that will be Middlest's birthday present next month. I'm about to wind the yarn and start swatching with Starmore. I think this will be fun. I love Aran knitting. And this is for a small doll, the size of my unicorn girl, Faith. So it will probably be done and mailed in time for Middlest's birthday.

Probably.

Great news on the diabetes front. My fasting glucose was down to 92 (should be less than 100 in a healthy individual), and my a1c was 6.2 (should be less than 6.5 for a healthy individual and 7.0 for a diabetic). I've officially lost 24 pounds already. So I am seven months ahead of my goal to lose 25 by the end of the year.

Yes, I am continuing to take my meds.
Yes, I am continuing to exercise.
Yes, I am continuing to improve my food choices.

I hope that after I see the gynecologist later this month, the news about my rogue uterus will be equally good.

This is the part where I go wind 880 yards of undyed lace weight yarn and consult La Starmore.

No comments: