About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, June 23, 2014

Weighed myself this morning.

Almost 30 pounds down. I ate more or less constantly all weekend, but it was relatively healthy food in small amounts at frequent intervals.

Sitting here at lunch with one of my killer salads: carrots, sliced almonds, green onions, hard boiled egg slices, corn, black beans, grapes, grape tomatoes, and red butter lettuce. I'm fresh out of diced ham, and I didn't have time to nuke and crumble any turkey bacon. Sometimes I throw in some sliced mushrooms.

I've taken to making three days' worth of salads at a time. Ranch on the bottom, layers above that, and lettuce on top the day my salad goes to work with me. It doesn't take more than a couple of extra minutes to do three when I could be doing only one, so over the course of a week I significantly declutter my calendar. More time for knitting.

I've given myself quite the honey-do list for FHE tonight. A whole raft of piddly things that I've been putting off just that much too long. If I get it all done before bedtime, you will probably be able to hear the yeehaws from halfway around the world.

Wish me luck. 

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I had a delicious and healthy salad for dinner last night. I'm proud of you for making choices and taking action to be stronger and healthier.