About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, June 08, 2014

IKEA? Check. New paint? Check.

The IKEA bookcase was just the wrong shade of turquoise. Not enough to look intentional. Precisely enough to scream "what was she thinking?" But there are at least three furniture lines whose idea of white is a perfect match for the trim in the dining room. And there are candles in a cup that will look lovely on the dining room table when I'm done. I bought nothing, walked a lot, and came home happy.

Yesterday I emptied out the closet. There's enough space to hang my mom's mirror between two bookcases, with something narrow below that. Short bookcase. Cabinet. Plant stand. I took out the shelf and closet rod this morning. I need help getting the screws out of the wall so I may take down the brackets. The screw slots are painted over.

This will probably require a power screwdriver and some male upper body strength. Sounds like a job for my home teacher, or Wes. I would like to have the closet completely done by the end of the week. (People in Hades want ice water, too.) Finish-itis is kicking in, in a big way.

Meanwhile, I am going to make this month's birthday cards and a few more swatches. The 6-0 needle works beautifully for making cables.

No comments: